Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Friday, July 5, 2013

Since you been gone!

Wow this summer started off fast!  And we have been on the go the entire time. 
 
 First stop, Nashville, TN to see the Lion King with Gigi and Papi. 
 
 And seeing the Lion King made a trip to the zoo so much better!




 When we got back in town, I did another installment of the duathlon race series in Springfield.  This time was slightly harder.  Run 2 mi, bike 11 mi, run 2 mi.  It was tough.  I was 4th from last.  But I got a tshirt!


Then we were off to Lawrence, KS for David's first half ironman.  What a cool little town! 
 
 And we were joined by many of our Branson friends. (not all pictured here)

 My little race support team was the best.  Especially considering they both came down with the croup on our way home.
 
 


David was extremely happy with his time finishing in 5hrs and 15 mins.  We were super proud too!
Next stop was Joplin, MO for an Olympic distance tri this time.




 The kids really liked this one. 
Free ice cream and bounce houses!

And while David was in the toughest age group this time, he still raced a personal record finishing in 2 hrs 31 mins.
And now to the present. 
Yesterday was July 4th.  My friend Cristina and I ran the Firecracker 5k at The Landing.

 
 A little tooting of my own horn is well deserved here because I ran a personal record of 25 mins 23 sec and finished 3rd in my age group!
 Much more tooting should go to Cristina though, because she beat me by 34 seconds and finished 2nd in our age group!
 Our kids who happen to be best friends were beaming with pride.
 
We will now be spending the rest of the weekend at the pool because we are exhausted!!!


No comments: