Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Local on the Ayer's

It has been a while since I updated you all on the goings on in the Ayer house.  And for good reason....we have been so busy!  So let me catch you up. 
 
In mid April, I took a weekend and flew SOLO to Annapolis to visit my girls and celebrate Kristin's soon to be born baby girl with a baby shower.
It was so nice to get away and spend time with the two ladies I once spent everyday with in Annapolis.  And when we got together, it was like no time was spent apart.  (I was serious about making this an annual thing girls! ;)  And being there without any kids...I didn't know what to do with myself!  It was so strange to have meal/snack/bed time with only me myself and I to worry about.
 
Spring soccer has also started.  Emery is on the older range of kids this year. (3-4yr olds) And since she is taller than most, she handles herself well on the field.  In fact, she scored twice in her last practice scrimmage.  They changed the format this year.  Instead of teams and games, they decided it would be better to do clinic style practices for this age range.  And while I do agree that this age needs to learn the basics, I miss watching them run around willy nilly for an hour on teams during games.  We do, however, have scrimmages at the end of every practice and we can definitely see an improvement in skills.  I mean, she scored twice in one day for goodness sakes!  Daddy was just beaming.
 Of course, I forgot the camera the day she decided to turn into Mia Hamm.   But I did manage to catch her amazing wind up the week before. 

Asher can not wait until he turns 3.  He yells "Soccer!" every time he sees a ball now.  Even if it is a basketball.  He stays on the sidelines during practice but is definitely working on his skills.
Last weekend, we drove to Marble Falls, TX to visit Grandpa and Grandma Ayer.
 They took us strawberry pickin' at a local farm close to their house.   The kids had a blast.

We even got to feed the goats!

 Ash wasn't so fond of the goats.  He was happier a nice distance away from them up in Grandpa's arms.
One thing he was fond of? The Train.

We were also in town to cheer on Daddy as he kicked off his triathlon season.  This is going to be a big year as far as his racing goes and he kicked it off with a bang!


 Third in his age group!  Way to go babe!
You rock!  Love, Your Cheerleaders


No comments: