Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Check Ups and Bike Helmets

We had Emery's 3 yr check up today.  And from what he could tell, she is in perfect health.  (Em wasn't exactly cooperative)  We did manage to get height and weight though and as usual she tops the charts.

 Height: 39inches (90%)
Weight: 36lbs (90%)


 I just have to say that 75 degrees on Feb. 23 is fabulous!
Em can pretty much do it all now that she is 3...except chew gum.  I told her she is going to have to wait until she turns 4 to do that.  She knows...she'll tell you that too.  She has mastered every part of our playground including the climbing wall.  She can pretty much dress herself.(shirts are still a little tough)  And she has graduated to a big girl bike with training wheels.  Our neighbors were nice enough to give Em their granddaughter's hand-me-down for her to practice with until she needs a larger bike. 
Yes she is pretty mesmerized by her peddaling feet.  We are working on watching where she is going.  I'm just glad she can finally steer.  Having to constantly readjust the handle bars to keep her from running into the grass got old quick.

And no, we did not spend $100 on a trek bike helmet for her.  That one is David's.  Emery doesn't actually have a bike helmet yet.  (minus one point for mommy) But she insisted on wearing one while riding and who was I to argue.  Emery is very safety conscious.  And a helmet that's too big is better than no helmet at all right?  Apparently I need to jump on board the safety train too.

1 comment:

Alex Adams said...

You have the cutest kids on the planet