Today was another great day. In fact, she only had one accident. And really, it was my fault. Emery had been doing so well telling me each time she needed to go, that I got cocky towards the end of the day and started dinner before David got home from work. This means my attention was directed elsewhere for a while and I missed the pee pee dance. She gets a little jumpy when she has to go. Do I still need to keep a constant watch like day one? No. But I also cannot trust that she will tell me every time as of right now. She is also going in the bathroom by herself which would be great if she knew how to pull down her underwear. That is something we will have to work on next.
Emery likes to switch it up a bit, I've learned. Yesterday this was the potty she wanted to use.
Today, it was this one.
I could care less, as long as she uses one of them.
Another thing I have been pretty surprised about is nap and night time. According to the book, the 3 day method is supposed to completely potty train the child, even while sleeping. It also says that you should take them to the bathroom every time they stir or wake up in the night. This, I knew wouldn't work so well for us because once you get her out of the crib, it is tough to get her back in. Once she's up, she's up.
So, the first night, I was up every hour checking in at every sound I heard through the monitor. I got absolutely no sleep. I discovered at 2am that she had wet the bed but she was completely sound asleep. Did I wake her? HECK NO. I know my child and she does not like to be woken. What was I going to do? Get her up, clean her, change her, change the sheets, and attempt to get her back to sleep all while she is screaming at me? I think not! She woke up at 6:30 and we started the day off with a bath and a smile. Well, she smiled. I got no sleep remember?
The next night, I thought, if she is just going to sleep through it, then so am I. And she woke up at 6:15 dry. She also woke up from her nap dry. Sweet! I am hoping that this is a pattern that sticks. Though I won't be surprised if it doesn't. Accidents are bound to happen and I am fully prepared for that.
But for now? I am pretty happy with the way things turned out. We have total cabin fever but I think it was worth it! Better to get it over with than drag it out for months right?
1 comment:
Way to go Lins! You're teaching me so much about motherhood :) I'm so proud of you for sticking this out. I know it was so much harder than it sounded. Emery will thank you too when she's ahead of all the other kids not sucking on pacifiers, wearing diapers, or still stuck in baby language. Keep up the good work! Love you!
Post a Comment