The goal for this year was to have Emery swimming on her own by the end of the summer. She has been practicing with this foam pad swim trainer that is kind of like a life vest that only floats enough to keep her from drowning. She actually has to swim and tread water while she is wearing it. Well, we took Em to the pool today and she started to get in without any kind of floatation device. "Whoa!" I said, "Wait for me! You need help!" "I can swim with just my arms," she replied. So I let her give it a shot with me standing near by.
Lo and behold, she can swim with just her arms! It's like something just clicked! The girl is a natural!
2 comments:
Look at your little fish :) Alyssa LOVED watching her swim all around. TOO CUTE!!
She's really good at swimming under water!! Isaiah and I aren't even that good at holding our breath under water! I bought him a face mask to swim with for his birthday this year ;)
p.s.) next step is the deep end..."iiiiiii LIKE IT!"
Post a Comment