Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello my name is Bingo. I like to climb on things. Can I have a banana? Eek eek.

Well our little monkey has decided to climb on every thing she can get her knees on. My problem is that she needs to learn how to get down before she learns how to get up. But I guess that's not the way it works. We came home from the store the other day and things went as they normally do...or so I thought. I set Em down to play/wander while I put the groceries away. I turned around to grab another bag and she was standing on the diaper box trying to get my keys from the bowl on the shelf.

So, naturally I safely helped her down and move the box away so that she can't climb up again.



















She did anyway. So, I opened the box, took the diaper packs out and put the box in the garage to rid our house of danger.





















And dag-gum-it if she didn't push the diaper pack to the end table and climb on top of it!



























Flash forward to the next time our little monkey tried to get herself in trouble...climbing into the dishwasher. I DON'T THINK SO!


































And then there is the laundry basket.



Again and again and again.
















Lastly, Emery's climbing expeditions finally came to a not so good ending when she tried to climb on the seat of her tricycle that we affectionately call Geoffrey. Geoffrey unfortunately comes equipped with wheels which can be dangerous when stood upon. Luckily a brave parent was close by to catch her.

Note: Emery doesn't try to climb on Geoffrey anymore. This apparently was a good learning experience.











PS. For those that don't know...the title of this post comes from Space Ghost's Coast to Coast. It is a skit performed by Brak. Cracks me up every time...

"One time I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit there with my mind a complete blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the day the teacher said "Class I want you to write a paper using your notes." So I wrote a paper that said "Hello my name is Bingo. I like to climb on things. Can I have a banana? Eek eek." I got an F. When I told my mom about it she said "I told you never trust a monkey." The end."


No comments: