




Open Wide! Emery has officially had her first solid food meal. It consisted of a mixture of breast milk and rice cereal. It looks like a soupy version of cream of wheat. Yum Yum! We took video of Em taking her first bites but for some reason, it isn't loading. (I tried like 10 times) Anyway, most of it was spit out. It was pretty funny. She didn't know what to do with that funky new texture. What a mess! My first thought was "We have to do this every day?!" It takes longer to clean up than it does to eat. Although, now that we have had a few days practice I will say that we are making progress. More is staying in her mouth and being swallowed. It is hilarious to hear all of the noises I have to make to get her to open up. Planes, trains, boats, cars, songs about planes trains boats and cars...I use anything grab her attention away from licking the tray attached to her seat (her #1 goal). After a few days, I noticed that she was having a hard time digesting the rice cereal. It seemed to stop her up...if you know what I mean. Apparently rice can be very binding. So, today we tried oat cereal instead. She seemed to like the taste thats for sure. She ate the whole bowl! Keep in mind, a whole bowl is about 3 tablespoons of the mixture. It worked its way through her system a little better as well. Hopefully the good days will continue. Soon we will move on to veggies and fruit. Bon Appetit! I received a food mill at my baby shower and I plan to puree and freeze Em's food myself. I have these great books, "Top 100 Baby Purees" and "Home Cooking For A Healthy Baby & Toddler." They both have really good tips on storing food and feeding your baby. Plus, the recipes are quite helpful for new moms that want to make their own baby food. They also have a lot of information about food allergies and trouble shooting for feeding which helped out with the whole rice situation.
To add to our week of firsts, we also took Em to the beach in our neighborhood and gave her a push or three on the swings. I swear this child doesn't take a bad picture. We love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment