Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Little Mermaid





I hope everyone had a blessed Easter. We sure did. After church we celebrated with our Annapolis family, the Seibert's and the Morrow's, enjoying an awesome ham dinner. I want to give a quick congrats to the Seibert's, (Kristin and Spencer) who recently got married. There are some pictures of us at their wedding below. Emery had a ball. She loved dancing and meeting new people. Her dress was so cute. We had a great time.

Emery is noticing more of the world around her these days. Her toys are more interesting to her, she is "talking" to us a lot more, and she has fallen in love with "The Little Mermaid." This is extra special for me since this was my favorite movie as a young child and I can still recite every word of it to this day. Emery doesn't notice the TV that much except when The Little Mermaid is playing. I keep the tape in the VCR in her room and turn it on sometimes when we are in there. That's right I said VCR. She enjoys it the way I used to. We don't have the movie on DVD yet. Plus, the TV in her room has a VCR built in. Anyway, the video above is of Em watching the movie while I fold her laundry. She is also interested in the Elephant on her bouncer but she always goes back to the show. Certain parts really get her excited....or should I say us. I can't help but sing the songs. Obviously.

Next week will be Emery's first ride in an airplane. I know Papa Tee will be proud. We are going to Nashville to visit family and friends and David will be running the Country Music Marathon on the 26th. We are so excited. A little nervous about the flight maybe; nobody wants to be the parents with screaming kid on the plane. However, to Emery's credit, she always proves me wrong in these kind of situations. The first time we took her to church, we sat next to the "quiet room" just in case. She never made a peep. In fact, she hasn't cried in church ever. Knock on wood. Kristin and Spencer's wedding...not a peep. Maryland basketball game...not a peep, substitution horn and all. Lets hope her reputation holds strong.

We love and miss you all! Here are more of Emery's latest pictures. The last one is great. She is quite the actress.











1 comment:

erin mccready said...

aww! the little mermaid was my absolute favorite too! we'll have to have a movie date and sing along together!

im so glad to hear that everyone is doing well! the ayer household sure is a happy one! and that emery just gets prettier everyday!

have a great trip next week! lets make plans when you guys get back!