Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Ayer is a Baby Girl!







New Due Date: December 31, 2008

Weeks: 20 (half way point)

Weight gained so far: 4lbs

Belly Measurement: 34"
It's a Girl! And we are thrilled! We had our ultrasound last Friday and she is just amazing. She was definitely showing off for us, kicking and rolling around on the screen. We could see her arms, legs, fingers, and toes and everything looks healthy and great. Here is a picture of her profile. I think she is going to have David's nose. She weighs a little over 10 ounces and is about 6 1/2 inches long from crown to rump. My pregnancy emails compare her to a can of red bull. We also found out that I am a little further along than we thought. Our new due date is December 31, 2008. We are really excited about that as well. An extra tax break would really help. Currently, we do not have a name picked out. Negotiations are still in progress. (I have a feeling they will go on for a while ;)


Being pregnant has still been pretty easy for me, thank goodness. I feel great, especially when she lets me know she is in there. Feeling her kick just doesn't get old. My cravings have changed a little. Pasta and ice cream sandwiches always sound good. My number one craving is caffeine free Coke with lots of ice and a straw. (I have never been a huge soda drinker) I do limit myself to only one a day since water really is best. David has been really great. He puts my needs first, makes sure that I am happy and comfortable and always lets me know how beautiful i am. It's nice to hear compliments when your waist has grown 7 inches in 5 months and clothes just don't fit as well as they did just a few months ago. I'm not quite big enough to wear maternity clothes however most of my shorts and pants are way too tight. I have a few favorites that enter the rotation a couple of times per week. Luckily I can wear stretchy workout pants to work. My belly is growing much faster now so I don't think it will be long until I break out the prego pants.

Now that we know we are having a beautiful baby girl, we can start planning for her arrival. We went to Babies R' Us yesterday and registered so that we can start on the nursery. That place is pretty overwhelming. There is just so much stuff to choose from. I think there were probably 12 different versions of each product. David and I are obviously beginners at this so if anyone has any suggestions on what we need/don't need, please let us know. All advice is welcome.
As always, thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. We love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how AWESOME!!!!
Sweet Pea you look so cute and "baby Ayer"... well I cant tell who she looks like yet.
David you are super for taking such good care of your two girls. We love you both!
Mema and Papa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! Sounds like things are going well. I happen to be a big fan of baby girls since I had a couple of those myself...

Take care and hope to see you down the road!

Randy U

Kevin said...

That is awesome. Little girls are great. Mine is now 11. My best suggestion is to get a good camera/video. Most digital cameras have video capability. I have a Canon SuperZoom 12x digital zoom. Awesome camera. Also get an external backup as I speak from experience. NOTHING is worse than losing baby pictures/videos. It is still painful.

My doctors allowed me to take my camera in the delivery room...plan ahead....I got some great shots of mine being born...wouldn't trade them for anything....

You can't have enough receiving blankets and ask for diapers. I found the store brand work just as well as the name brand for MUCH cheaper....little girls are so much fun...Easter dresses, Halloween etc. You two are in for the time of your life...now begins the planning for the boy! :)

Kristin Seibert said...

Wow...baby Ayer is so cute!!! I see David's nose for sure. :) Can't wait to actually have HER here...love you guys!

Alex Adams said...

I'm SO excited it's a girl!!!

(You guys will -defiantly- save on toys...

Lins and I have barbies up to our freakin eye balls!....not to mention millions of teeny tiny accessories that you're gonna find all over the house : )
She's already got the hook up*
I love you guys so much!
-Aunt Alex-

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
I don't think it is too early to announce her as Miss USA 2028!
I'm so glad to hear that mommy and baby girl are going so well AND that daddy is treating them like the royalty they are!
Take care and I look forward to reading more about you all!

Sharee

Unknown said...

congratulations you guys! I've been checking your blog and finally figured out how to actually leave a comment. sorry about that! update this thing already!

hope all is well!
travis