Em and Ash

Em and Ash

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Four months and counting...


7/20/08

Due Date: January 3, 2009

Weeks: 16

Weight gained: 1lb at last doctor appt. (7/2)

Belly measurement: 32 1/2 inches (an inch and a half larger than David's haha)


I have been getting a lot of requests to keep everyone updated on our pregnancy. So, instead of sending out a weekly/monthly email, David had the idea of writing a blog and I thought it was a great way to keep everyone posted. You can check on us whenever you want. I'll try to keep it updated as often as possible. Enjoy:)


So far, things have been going great. I haven't had any morning sickness and aside from being more tired than usual, I have been feeling just fine. In fact, since I began my second trimester, I have felt much more energetic. My second most popular question is if i have any cravings. No, I'm not craving pickles and ice cream just yet. I do, however, eat lots of cereal, smoothies, tomatoes with ranch dressing, peaches, garlic bread sticks, and fruity sorbet....not all at once of course. David has been really great with surprising me with goodies every once in a while.

I am starting to show just a little now that I am about 4 months along. I don't have to wear maternity clothes just yet but my jeans are getting pretty tight. According to my weekly pregnancy emails, the baby is about the size of an avocado. (I always laugh at the fruits and vegetables they choose.) Luckily, the style right now is loose fitting tunics and empire waist tanks.

Up next on our agenda is our doctor appointment on July 29th. Hopefully we will find out the sex of the baby. No promises but, I should be far enough along for Dr. James to tell. I will update as soon as we find out. We are very excited to know. I really want to get started on the nursery. Any guesses on what he or she might be???

I'll close for now. Thanks so much to everyone for your support and prayers. We love you all!

Until next time...

Lindsay :)

11 comments:

David Ayer, Sr said...

Our guess would be that he or she will be a ...



CONSERVATIVE!



Cute Baby Bump, Lindsay!



Best wishes to all of you!



Love, Dad & Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetpea! Love this way of staying in touch.
Your pooch looks so cute.
Papa thinks it's a boy!
Love to you both/you three!
Hugs!
Mema & Papa

Anonymous said...

Nate says that he is a boy, and Nate is one of the smartest people I have ever met...Who am I to argue?

LT Justin D. Mikolay said...

Lindsay, you are carrying a baby boy. David told me so. If he is wrong, then you are carrying a baby girl. I'd say he has about a 49 percent chance of being right, but he did have a part in the conception and likely willed a future Florida quarterback into existence. As an aside, I officially request that you take and post a bi-weekly picture at a profile angle from the same distance and at the same spot so that we can do cool time-lapse videos near the end of your term. Grow Baby Ayer Grow! (and I'd also like to discuss naming your baby boy Justin after his Annapolis uncle.)

Anonymous said...

Nick and I love you guys, and we are so excited to be apart of the baby bump...which by the way is adorable!! :) Miss you guys, we will be home soon!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Love it! I can't believe there will be a baby Ayer here soon...actually I can. I think it's a boy :) love and miss you both! Alisha

Kendall Brewer said...

Great idea to blog the pregancy! We just want a healthy baby, boy or girl, doesn't matter!

Looking forward to more posts on the site with lots more pictures.

Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

We loved having you here in Colorado. Had to chuckle with Lindsay keeping her pants unbuttoned. She forgot the preggo pants. Kind of reminded me of my dad undoing his trou after a big meal:-)

Kevin H said...

My guess is that the baby will not be a GATOR. Probably a VOLUNTEER...

I am a friend of David's...I am fairly harmless unless a UT football or basketball game in ongoing.

Best of luck with your pregnancy. I have 11 year old twins. Boy and a girl - almost mirrors of each other to the point one is left handed, the other right. Either gender has its virtues and challenges...regardless, much fun and learning is to be had.

Anonymous said...

How exciting that you are feeling he/she. I am sure it will be really active as time goes on. Looking forward to lots of pictures from you as you grow.
Hugs and love ya!
Mema

LT Justin D. Mikolay said...

Favorite phrases from your update: "prego pants," "can of red bull," "rump," "tax break," "reminds me she's there." Great update, can't wait for more!